8.6K views

I was thrilled to be granted a credit limit with Wards, which I now know is no longer the Montgomery Wards of yesterday. I am overall very pleased with the company. Currently, I have a credit limit of 500 with a balance of less than 50 bucks. I placed an order last week for about 200 and was told that I would need to pay half to have the order fulfilled.

I just don't think that this is having credit and should not be listed as such. With every order you are reviewed each time, like you are a baby. I thought they were giving me a chance. Incidently, it is the same for the other account I have with the sister companies of Seventh Avenue.

Still waiting...

Had an Experience with Montgomery Ward?

Comments

My husband got a catalog that said pre-approved for$300.We purchased a $180 item.

We've paid it down to $66. That was in May. In October it shows up on our credit report and says we owe $66and that our limit is$66. So it says we are using 100% of our limit.

This caused my credit score to drop by 65 points. That is ridiculous.

I don't know how to fix it.Any suggestions?

I have never heard of this company but recently have been inundated with mail telling me I have a credit limit with them and that my order is on it's way to an address in the USA.

I live in the UK and have never opened an account with this company nor placed any orders of any description.

I have now forwarded emails to the UKE CRIME investigation department.

Sacramento, California, United States #1277781

hello

Mountain View, California, United States #1194524

**WARNING, STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM, RIP OFF COMPANY!**

This "Montgomery Wards" is not the original department store that went out of business in the 1980s, or 1990s.

This company is actually a catalog order company, similar to Fingerhut, and what I know is a company called Swiss Colony (which sells candy, etc) this Swiss Colony company bought the name of Montgomery Wards, and now they peddle overpriced junk using the name of Montgomery Ward.

This company does NOT report payments to the 3 credit bureaus, and therefore this so called credit card is useless.

The merchandise is overpriced and this company is preying on people the same way Fingerhut does.

Don't fall for this ***!

Also stay away from Fingerhut. If you have bad credit, go to your local credit union and open a secured credit card. Or try a legit bank like Capital One, because they work with people who have bad credit. Pay off charge offs or collections.

This will help.If you have just terrible credit consider Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

to Anonymous Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1279009

Atleast fingerhut dosent make you pay for half

Same thing here ,crazy

The same happened to me thats not credit .SO WHAT IS THE POINT!!!!!!!!!

Dont know about others but thats not helpful for me.If you are going to give me credit ( GIVE ME CREDIT )

It depends on your credit if you have to pay half or not

Is there anything recent?Has any of this stuff changed?

I called a customer service representative to explain all of this to me when I received your cataog... She was awesome!!! Now I'm reading this, and realizing, not only did she BOLD faced lie to me... But embellished on that lie by telling me to check out your sister companies..

I'm very disappointed..

She also said this would help me build a credit rating..Glad I didn't waste my time shopping, or gettn mine or my kids hopes up..

Thanks for infoqefbeiu