I received an invoice from Montgomery Ward with my name and address on it. I thought to myself this is strange, I didn't think they even existed any more.

I looked closer and noticed the product ordered was delivered to someone who lived in Staten Island, NY, which definitely is not where I live. I called the customer service number listed on the notice and they told me they discovered this was fraud and told me to contact my credit companies to put a fraud alert on my phone. They wanted my last four digits to verify it was me, and I told them no way, I am not giving you my information.

I think this is a scam. They said they were going to send me something in the mail about the fraudulent purchase, however I have not received anything.

Reason of review: stolen credit.

Preferred solution: refund me for my time and efforts trying to get this corrected from my credit reports..

Comments

Same thing happened to me. I just called them and they also said they were going to send me a fraud package that need to be completed and returned.

What I find strange is the fraud package.

I never experience a credit card issue who sends out a fraud package. I have to assume that this package is the key for them to steal your identity.